he vita hack Rejuvenate was released this week, and is the very first native hack for the PS Vita. People might be confused as to what they need in order to run their homebrews, so here’s some quick how to.
Requirements to run Vita Hack – Rejuvenate
- you need to be approved as a PSM Publisher.
If you’re not a PSM Publisher, a friend of yours with a PSM publisher license can generate the required keys for you (see official documentation). If you don’t have friends, stay tuned: ways to bypass this limitation will be revealed soon.Edit: you can now get your license through PSM+.
- The current version of Rejuvenate works on Vita firmwares 3.00 to 3.51 included
- You need the PSM Dev Assistant app, or the PSM Unity Dev assistant installed on your PS Vita. The PSM Unity Dev assistant is recommended, see here how to download and install it. (Compatible versions of PSM Dev assitant app are 1.11, 1.14, 1.15)
- The tools require a Windows computer for now
- Rejuvenate is compatible with the PS TV but you will need a Vita: install the client on your Vita and then move the memory card to the VitaTV.
you need to have the following software:
- .NET Framework 2.0
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
- PSM_SDK_1.21.02.exe (333MB) (installation for that last one is not required, you only need the files!)
Install and Run your first Rejuvenate homebrew
Please note that YifanLu is providing all the steps as clearly as can be in his readme, with several troubleshooting steps that we reproduce below. Read those if you run into an issue and before asking for help, this could save you lots of time!
- make sure you have the prerequisites installed (see above)
- Extract the Rejuvenate 0.2 zip to a folder on your windows computer.
- Copy PSM_SDK_1.21.02.exe to the current directory and runSETUP.BAT. Follow the instructions. You will need to do this only once. The setup will:
- Extract the PSM SDK
- Install the PSM Driver (this will require admin permission)
- Ask you to enter your PSM Dev Assistant version number (reminder, this is currently only compatible with 1.11, 1.14, 1.15)
- Connect your PS Vita to your PC, and run the PSM Dev Assistant.
- To run homebrew, drag your homebrew elf file INTO “run_homebrew.bat” (as of now, only the provided “Hello World” file works)
- Note: I initially got a “connection error” when doing this. Running the “Ballblaze” Demo through the PSM Dev Assistant, then trying again, seemed to “unblock” the issue
And you’re good to go!
(From the Readme)
If the setup freezes at generate key:
Close and run SETUP.BAT again. Make sure PSM Debug drivers are installed.
Crash on running VitaDefiler, Publisher Utility, or anything else:
Make sure you installed all the prerequisites
Your version of PSM DevAssistant is not supported:
Join #vitadev on irc.efnet.net and we’ll try to port it.
VitaDefiler freezes at “Installing package” or error 0x8001000A:
Something is wrong with your USB connection. Try to use Publisher Utility to
install VitaDefilerClient.psdp. Refer to PSM support to fix package
General crash/connection error with VitaDefiler:
Install PSM SDK 1.21.02 and try to load a demo onto the device.
If drivers are not found for Vita USB Debug:
Run SETUP.BAT, then open support\dpinst.exe
If you get VMDeath upon running VitaDefiler:
Turn on Wifi on the Vita
If you cannot generate a publisher key:
Your PSN account does not have a publisher license. You can find alternative
directions online (it will not be described here).
If you run into any issue, please mention it in the comments below, or on our forums at /talk, and our community will do its best to help! Also try VitaDev on EFNET.